Jan 29 2013
Washington, D.C. – Rep. Kristi Noem today announced her subcommittees for the 113th Congress. On the House Agriculture Committee, Rep. Noem will serve on the General Farm Commodities and Risk Management Subcommittee and the Conservation, Energy and Forestry Subcommittee. Joining the House Armed Services Committee for the first time, Rep. Noem will serve on the Subcommittee on Readiness, Subcommittee on Military Personnel and Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces.
“The Agriculture and Armed Services committees are very relevant to our state, and the subcommittees on which I will serve provide a unique opportunity for me to bring a South Dakota perspective to both our national security and food security,” said Rep. Noem. “I look forward to continuing to work for agriculture by completing a Farm Bill while also working to maintain a strong national defense that is accountable to hard-working taxpayers.”
Rep. Noem will be serving on the following subcommittees:
House Agriculture Committee:
- The Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management. This subcommittee has jurisdiction over programs and markets related to wheat, soybeans, risk management, and crop insurance, among others.
- The Subcommittee on Conservation, Energy and Forestry. This subcommittee focuses on soil, water and resource conservation, forestry, rural electrification and energy and biobased energy production.
House Armed Services Committee
- The Subcommittee on Readiness. This subcommittee maintains oversight over military readiness, training, logistics and maintenance issues and programs.
- The Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces. This subcommittee maintains oversight over the Navy and Marine Corps programs as well as deep strike bombers, including the B-1 bomber, and related systems.
- The Subcommittee on Military Personnel. This subcommittee is responsible for military personnel policy, reserve component integration and employment issues, military health care, military education, and POW/MIA issues.